We’re looking for a few passionate, experienced, and dynamic individuals to join us in 2018!
Is this you?
Position: Independent contractor position teaching group string orchestra classes at one or more Buckhead elementary school(s).
Buckhead Strings provides beginning strings instruction to school age students in the Atlanta metro area. This position is an independent contractor position, teaching beginning string orchestra classes to late elementary school students at one of our Buckhead clients. Classes are held in a group setting 1-hr per week and may include violin, viola and cello students. Candidates should have experience playing the violin, viola, and/or cello and should also have experience teaching group classes and/or directing a string ensemble. Candidates should create a fun, safe, and engaging classroom environment in which students feel comfortable and excited to take their first steps as string musicians. This is a contract position.
* Background and experience with beginning to intermediate string pedagogy
* Bachelor’s degree in Music Education or Strings Performance from an accredited college or university
* Demonstrated ability to teach the beginning fundamentals of string instruments
* Ability to pass a criminal background check
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Teaches program-selected string method course while creating a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
* Meets and instructs assigned class(es) in the locations and at the times designated. * Classes meet for one hour every week from 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. in Buckhead. Classes begin mid-January 2018. Immediate availability for entire semester strongly preferred.
* Prepares students for performing in a final concert held in May.
* Communicates with school administration and staff and parents and maintains a professional standard of behavior.
* Assists students to ensure a safe and positive performance experience.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the position, please contact Jennifer Wiggin via email or at 770-367-7521. Applications will be considered as received, so please apply as soon as possible.